- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons roasted cocoa nibs or Brewing Cocoa of your choice, coarsely chopped into smaller bits or whirly bladed in a coffee grinder
- Sugar to taste
- Bring the cream and cocoa to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Strain the cream into a bowl, pressing on the solids to extract all the liquid. Discard the nibs.
- Chill the cream for at least 6 hours; it must be thoroughly cold in order to whip properly.
- When ready to use, whip the cream, adding sugar to taste as the cream thickens.
Cocoa bean and coffee cream. Add 1 T. regular (not French or Italian-roast) coffee beans, crushed, to the cream and nibs before heating.